Equipment – G4
The working group Equipment contains other subgroup specialized in other themes.
Diamond Tools & Safety subgroup – G4S1
The working group ‘Diamond tools and safety’ aims to present the main families of diamond tools, teach risk assessment and propose recommendations to ensure the health and safety of workers.
Mrs. Julie White
Mrs. Linda Dahlin
Its goal is to prepare educational materials addressed to new workers in the drilling and sawing industry. These materials are intended not only to promote the industry and worker safety, but also to attract new talent to the sector.
The work plan and expected deliverables for this group is organized as follows:
Phase 1: January – June 2022
- Kick-off meeting of the group
- Meetings to prepare a technical guide to serve as basic reference
All these meeting will be held by video conference, and are always scheduled on Wednesday, from 15:00 to 16:00 (Brussels time, CET).
For practical reasons, the dates for these meetings are already fixed. This is the calendar for 2022:
- 26 January 2022
- 2 March 2022
- 20 April 2022
- 18 May 2022
- 22 June 2022
Phase 2: September – December 2022
- Publication of the guide in English
- Webinars about the different diamond tools and best practice
- Publication on the IACDS website
- Translation to other languages by National Associations or other partners
- Edition of the guide in multiple languages
The estimated date of release of the guide in English version is October-November 2022.
How to participate?
If you are interested in participating in this working group or any other follow this link.
Please note that specific rules apply to each working group/subgroup, depending on the phase of each project or the annual work plan.