The webinar “What GPR can do for concrete cutting sawing and drilling?” was held by IACDS and given by Mr. David Cist, from GSSI.
For decades, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) has been saving concrete cutters time, money and lives. In the US especially, large service industries have been built around the speed and accuracy of GPR to protect concrete drillers from making holes in places where they shouldn’t. Sometimes shifting a cut location even a centimeter can help prevent from accidents. Because of this, it is very important to use GPR to ensure everyone’s safety.
+ info about the webinar
- Part 1: Presentation
- What is IACDS?
- Why do we do this webinar?
- Part 2: Introduction
- Why it is important to carry out a concrete inspection before drilling and sawing?
- What techniques are available to carry out an inspection of the condition of the concrete before cutting or coring concrete structures?
- What is GPR?
- Where it fits in with other imaging methods like Ultrasound and X-Ray?
- Part 3: GPR in practice for concrete cutting sawing and drilling
- How to analyze and interpret GPR data?
- What are the consequences of not carrying out a proper scan of concrete structures?
- What kind of problems can be avoided by using it properly?
- Case stories and practical examples
- Part 4: Questions and comments from participants
Mr. David Cist
Mr. Brett Caldwell
|Date||October 21st, 2021|
|Video||Recording of the webinar|
|Format||On-line: The video is available at the bottom of this page for logged in users with valid access.|
|Conference book||Includes all the slides presented by the speakers|
|Format||On-line: The document is available at the bottom of this page for logged in users with valid access.|
The following contents can only be seen by logged in users with valid access.
If you are a registered user, login using your credentials for the IACDS website:
Not registered yet? Everything starts here!