Given the current situation, created by the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), from IACDS we are implementing a series of initiatives to continue with the dissemination of the activities and services developed by IACDS members.
In this case, the initiative consists of launching a series of educational webinars on technical topics.
Webinars are short and educational sessions (about one hour) hosted online and broadcast live.
Using a specific platform, webinar participants can watch the presentation and follow the speaker’s explanations, as well as interact through a chat and ask their own questions.
The topics to be discussed during the webinar are the following:
Part 1: Presentation
- What is IACDS?
- What is DSA?
- Why do we do this webinar?
Part 2: Introduction
- Why is it important for contractors to receive training?
- What requirements should any training program have?
Part 3: The UK training model for concrete contractors
- What references and patterns can we find in the history of training?
- What training models and methods are there?
- What qualifications and awarding bodies exist?
- What are the routes to qualifications?
- What is the recognized card scheme and what is it for?
- What career path does the training model follow?
Part 4: Questions and comments from participants
Dates and timetable
Thursday March 11th
The webinar has the following timetable (all hours are Brussels time, Central European):
15:00 – Start of the webinar
16:00 – End of the webinar
IACDS webinars are offered free of charge and open to public participation thanks to the financial support of member companies and entities:
To contact IACDS members, visit the members list.
This webinar has already taken place. It will be published on-line soon.