Given the current situation, created by the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), from IACDS we are implementing a series of initiatives to continue with the dissemination of the activities and services developed by IACDS members.
In this case, the initiative consists of launching a series of educational webinars on technical topics.
Webinars are short and educational sessions (about one hour) hosted online and broadcast live.
Using a specific platform, webinar participants can watch the presentation and follow the speaker’s explanations, as well as interact through a chat and ask their own questions.
The topics to be discussed during the webinar are the following:
Part 1: Presentation
- What is IACDS?
- What is CSDA?
- Why do we do this webinar?
Part 2: Introduction
- What is the slurry?
- How is slurry generated?
- Why is water used in cutting and what are the benefits of cutting wet vs dry?
- What is a flocculant?
- What is a super absorbent?
- What are the TCLP test and landfill paint filter requirements?
- What filter options are available?
- What is slurry pH?
- What is important to consider about suspended solids and heavy metals in slurry?
Part 3: Slurry management
- What to do with the slurry of drilling and sawing?
- What tools and techniques can be used for the collection, handling, transportation and storage of slurry?
- How slurry should be contained at the workplace?
- How is the commercial hauling of wastewater and what are the risks?
- How has slurry management evolved in recent years?
- Who is responsible for the collection, handling and disposal or slurry?
- How we can contribute to environmental protection and risk avoidance through the management of slurry?
Part 4: Questions and comments from participants
Dates and timetable
Thursday May 20th
The webinar has the following timetable (all hours are Brussels time, Central European):
15:00 – Start of the webinar
16:00 – End of the webinar
IACDS webinars are offered free of charge and open to public participation thanks to the financial support of member companies and entities:
To contact IACDS members, visit the members list.
Participation in this webinar is completely free for all attendees, they just need to register in advance.
WARNING! For security reasons, you must fill out the registration form and access the webinar from an updated browser. The platform does NOT work with Internet Explorer. You can access from any other browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari (on Mac and iOS devices).
For logistical reasons, the number of participants is limited by the platform itself. So, registrations will be accepted in strict order of entry until the technical capacity available is reached for each session.