IACDS Annual Convention 2023
IACDS returns in 2023 stronger than ever to all the drilling and sawing professionals. This time we will travel to the city of the epitome of art, romance, and food: VENICE. The IACDS Annual Meeting 2023 will be held from the 25th to the 27th of May.
It will be an excellent opportunity to reunite with colleagues and professionals from the industry. This event is open to all professionals, direct members of IACDS, members of the national associations, and other organizations.
Save the opportunity to meet face-to-face with members and colleagues of the association, talk, and participate.
Thursday 25th May 2023
15:00h – IACDS Board of Directors Meeting
Coffee break to welcome participants
16:00h – General Assembly meeting
17:30h – End of the professional program
19:00h – Departure for the formal dinner (Recommended dress code: Business casual)
An incredible venue awaits you, do not miss this opportunity.
Friday 26th May 2023
09:00h – Official opening
Conference session 1
- Case story: Dismantling radioactive waste concrete drums
Mr. Roderich Braun, BRAUN RÜCKBAUTECHNOLOGIEN GMBH
- Difference between homogenous and inhomogenous drums?
- Why is there a need to dismantle them?
- How are the concrete drums dismantled?
- Industry topic: How to recruit and find people?
Mr. Martin Goedickemeier, HILTI
- Changing recruitment environment: Shortage of labour.
- How to become visible and attractive for employees.
- Aspects of equipment and working environment.
- Marketing and Internet: Getting the industry known? How to create more impact?
Mr. Gian Luca Benci, ALIAS
- Industry marketing: get people to know the problem before giving them the solution
- Marketing to improve industry reputation: create awareness and attract young talent
- How to make your industry more appealing?
Coffee break, networking and exhibition
Conference session 2
- Case story: Dry Cutting of Belgian Reactor-3’s Bioshield
Mr Bart Geerkens, INTERBORING BV
- Lessons Learned
- Cutting & Sawing Industry in Italy, challenges and innovation
Mr. Diego Tedoldi, NADECO
- Industry’s overview: problems, goals and opportunities
- NADECO: the Italian association as a link between Italy and the world
- Technical publications: the international know-how brought to Italy with documents and webinars
- Industry topic: How do we sell the benefits of our companies to attract labour?
Ms. Julie White, D-DRILL MASTERS DRILLERS LIMITED
- What issues or problems have you faced & what don’t you personally want to recruit?
- What is your currant process to recruit and Why would someone work for your company?
- What is a job description & person specification?”
- Can we create a global training and certification model?
Mr. Joel Vinsant, DSA & Mr. Jose Blanco, IACDS
- Rationale: Does the industry need international training standards to attract newcomers from a global audience?
- Portal: Should we share a common platform for training and qualifications?
- Recognition: Should the Drilling and Sawing industry seek acknowledgement as a specialist professional trade?
Light lunch, networking, and exhibition
15:00h – End of the professional program
19:00h – Informal dinner
Saturday 27th May 2023
10:00 – Leisure program – Venice tour
To end our Annual Convention on a high note, the guests will have an opportunity to experience what Venice has to offer. The meeting point will be St. Mark’s Square.
Starting with a boat cruise through the cannals of Venice with a live guide, we’ll later have a walking tour along the most emblematic places of the city. Lastly, the guests will enjoy a beautiful lunch, having an opportunity to connect with one another.
P.za San Marco
This event is possible thanks to the following sponsors:
The chosen venues to hold the IACDS Annual Convention are:
MAIN VENUE: FOUR POINTS by Sheraton Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Venice Mestre
Via Don Luigi Peron 4, Mestre, Italy, 30174
Tel: (+39) 041 314 0500
In order to provide our guests the best accomodations possible, our chosen venue for this year is FOUR POINTS by Sheraton Hotel.
Located just 15 minutes away from Marco Polo Airport and 20 minutes away from the famous Piazzale Roma, it’s a place that has everything we could possibly need for the event.
FORMAL DINNER: GALEONE VENEZIANO II
Address: The ship will take place at Fusina harbor
Have you ever been able to sail through the Venetian Lagoon in an historic boat launched by the Serenissima Republic? After an intensive meetings day, with the excellent on-board service of the supreme culinary arts of the Sirocco food workshop, and a truly enchanting atmosphere, the Venetian Galleon will lead you in discovering these sublime views.
This year’s Convention wanted to turn an ordinary dinner into an exciting and emotional one. But this once in a lifetime experience does not only involve having dinner while discovering Venice, but also you will have one hour to visit and have a nice walk while discovering the Calli Streets of Burano. Are you going to miss it?